Old January 21st 04, 03:54 AM
Danny Tay

Tim,

The BIOS is F6 and everything was running perfectly until I made that one
change & one change only (i.e. to the Si3112 driver.). So I did not make any
change to the BIOS. It is in F6 version.

I used the WinXP Recovery Console during boot up to disable the Si3112
driver & install the original Si3112R driver. The changes took place but on
reboot the same error occurs so not corection took place.

Danny

"Timothy Drouillard" wrote in message
What version of the BIOS are you using?

Did you by any chance decide to upgrade the BIOS at the same time you
updated the driver?

Many of us (me included) ran into problems with our RAID setup's when we
tried BIOS versions F7 or F8. F6 works fine. I haven't had the guts to try
F9 just yet.

"Danny Tay" wrote in message
u...
Hi Tim,

I have tried several times using he boot from "last known good" but it
doesn't work because basically it cannot see the RAID1 boot disk. So I

have
to make it see the boot disk 1st.

Danny

"Tim" wrote in message

Try "Last Known Good" configuration during boot - F8 I think at boot

start.

A few seconds after each windows completes booting and windows has
'stabilised' this system updates the last known good configuration in

the
registry. This has worked everytime I have used it for these style

problems.

- Tim

"Danny TAY" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

I have a GA-8KNXP (Rev1.0) mobo with Intel 2.8GHz cpu, 1GB RAM &

WinXP
Pro.
There are 2 x 120GB Maxtor SATA Disks in RAID1 managed by the

onboard
Silicon Image SI3112.
The RAID1 disk is also the boot disk.
There are also 2 x 120GB Maxtor SATA Disks in RAID0 manged by the
onboard IntelRAID.
The system was running well for the past few mth with the device
drivers that came with the mobo (i.e. Intel 975 series mohterboard
utlity cd (ver 1.1)).

However, last Dec-2003, I decided top download the 'latest' Si3112
drivers from Gigabyte Mobo support website. There were several

drivers
from that download zip & I must have installed the wrong driver

(i.e.
Si3112 SATA 1.0.0.44) whereas I should probably have installed

Si3112R
1.0.0.33.

As a result, when the computer bootsup, it fails to recognise the
RAID1 disks & so cannot boot up at all. Safe Mode does not work.

Questions
=========
1. What is the correct version of SI3112 I should use?
2. How do I correct this problem given I cannot even boot up from

the
PC? Can you provide a detailed step-by-step explanation? I have a

lot
of data on all the RAID1 & RAID0 disks & do not want to have to
reformat the disks. Is there a simple way to reinstall the correct
version of Si3112 driver?

Your urgent help is most appreciated.
p.s. - I am using a 2nd computer to send this post message.

Thanks
Danny TAY
email: