Old February 24th 09, 05:01 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Eric Gisin

Default Do SD/MMC memory slots need driver updates to read SDHC memory cards?

"ken" wrote in message ...
Grant wrote:
On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0800, ken wrote:

Rod Speed wrote:
ken wrote:
I have just purchased a Canon digitalcamera. I have an 8GB HP SD High
Capacity memory card that I have used but with some problems. Like
the 32MB card that came with the camera, the 8 GB memory card is
formatted in RAW.

What's RAW? SDHC is FAT32.

RAW, as I understand it, is the format for camera images (raw image
data). The SD/MMC designation is the designation of the SD/MMC socket
and it is how the socket/"drive" shows up in Explorer.

The RAW designation in disk manager and error messages means the boot sector is not FAT or NTFS.
(corrupt data from card reader)