Old January 7th 04, 11:28 PM
Wayne Youngman

"Rod Speed" wrote
snip
Yes, but its basically just the rpm that matters.
And a housing that supports the fastest firewire
in spades. It may be worth adding the fastest
firewire to the PCs for the better speed.

And cooling can be a problem with 7200 rpm drives in external
housings that dont deliberately attempt to cool the drive somehow,
either with a fan or excellent conduction to a metal case etc.

Hi,
thanks Rod for your reply. I don't really have the option to install
*FireWire* adapters into every machine, but I do have FireWire in my own
machine so I will take another look for a good value *combo*
(USB2.0/FireWire) enclosure.

So the 7,200rpm will help transfer speeds? that's interesting as I wasn't
sure if the USBv2.0 specs could utilize this. . . .
--
Wayne ][