Old April 14th 04, 07:16 AM
teqguy

NightSky 421 wrote:

"NV55" wrote in message
m...

the following is ALL quote:

Regardless of if someone wants the new high-end nVidia or ATI product,
I've read that a person better have a monster power supply and
excellent case cooling before even considering such cards. I also
wonder how loud the fans on these new cards are going to need to be.
It'd be interesting to see what they can do with regards to cooling
and power consumption on future video cards too - I see this as
getting to be more and more of a problem with time.

The power consumption should stay below 15v.

The Geforce FX does NOT use the 12v rail, for anyone wondering.

All 4 pins are connected for potential usage, but the overall
consumption never raises above 5.5v so 17v is not neccessary.

Most companies are starting to push for water cooling. Gainward is one
of them that announced they are going to start shipping a version of
their cards that have a waterblock in place of a conventional heatsink
and fan.

As far as the reference Nvidia cards go... I'm pretty sure we'll start
out with the dustbuster again... at least until someone can decide on a
more effective method.

Solid silver heatsink anyone? =P