Old April 14th 04, 01:47 AM
Mr. Grinch

"teqguy" wrote in news:uI_ec.26606$F9.15486
@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

K wrote:

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 20:56:48 +0100, Shepİ wrote:

If there is AGP 8x support, why would you need a new motherboard?

Because most well known manufacturers will eventually stop carrying AGP
cards all together.

The thing is, we've had AGP slots out for over 5 years now, and yet you
still find vendors making PCI video cards. So I wouldn't be too worried
about any lack of AGP video cards for some time to come. They'll be around
long enough to follow any of the current motherboards into obsolescence, at
which point you wouldn't want to be buying a video card or any other
upgrade for them anyways.