Old November 28th 04, 10:46 PM
Heywood

I just bought and returned a PNY 6800GT from Compusa in 1 day.

It was to be a replacement for my trusty ATI 9700 pro which has
served me well.

Colors seemed a bit washed out and then while playing a pretty easy
(on the card) game Crimson Skies....all the writing in the game menus
turned to colored blocks (temps were still fine and the graphics were
there)....back it went to CompUSA. It also "felt" slow in 2d????

Funny since the PNY 6800GT is supposed to be built by Nvidea. No more
PNY stuff for me as I had some memory with trouble as well a while
back.

Will probably wait now before replacing the card. No one else around
here has the GT and I am not in the mood for mail order. Lots of plain
6800's around though! I will guess that after Xmas, prices will drop
and supplies will be back!