Old October 24th 06, 01:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peter

Default game prob after upgrade

yes but there is the power supply dilemma of 12 volt rails and what amps are
on them etc.
so I bought a $160 power supply even though mine works, no more $40
rebates.
I found 2 for around 120 that would have been ok. Darn gamming rigs.
" wrote in message
ups.com...

Peter wrote:
After loading a game it starts out choppy and pauses etc a couple of
times
then later its ok. Most 3d games do it.
Someone said to replace power supply. My 7600gt worked fine awsome card
but
now 7900gto not so
good. Anything wrong with my hardware setup? thanks

System:
amd 3200+ @2.2
1gb pc3200 ram @2338
xfinity 500w dual rail 16/ 18 amp
nv8 abit nforce 4
evga 7900gto

Thought of getting a better supply that shares power from 3 12 v rails W@

Obvious question - did you completely uninstall your old display driver
before changing cards? Even though they both use the same driver, you
should still start clean on a new card.
What driver are you using?
Let me guess - you jumped on the 7900GTO deals going around - I did too
, went from a 6800 Ultra.

Kendt