Old August 6th 03, 01:24 PM
kony

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:30:09 GMT, "Franklin"
wrote:

I have a choice between a Macron or Wintech 300 watt ATX power supply.

Does anyone have any comments on either of these supplies? I don't find much
seaching with Google.

Thanks!

They're both low-end generics.. if these are the only options from a
professional builder, I'd question what ELSE they're selling to you.

See if you can get a discount without the power supply and buy your
own or have one delivered to them if they won't give you any other
alternatives at reasonable prices, say a name-brand like Sparkle or
Antec =350W for $30 more. If you tell them you simply don't want
either power supply and they won't accomodate you, take your business
elsewhere... you're probably not even saving much if any money with
these generics, it's just more profit for them and could be a headache
for you later on.

Dave