Old June 12th 21, 10:25 PM posted to alt.comp.pc.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.pc.harware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,atl.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Ant[_3_]

Default Is it normal for connected HDMI to be the primary display instead the connected VGA?

I have both HDMI (HDTV) and VGA (monitor) connected to my new 64-bit W10
Pro PC (Intel Core i5-10400 Comet Lake 2.9GHz 6-Core LGA 1200 CPU
(includes Intel UHD 630 GPU), ASRock H510M-HDV/M.2 Intel LGA 1200
microATX motherboard, MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti DirectX 11.2
N750TI-2GD5/OC (2 GB of VRAM), etc.). It didn't matter if I use the
onboard video or the video card. I want my VGA (monitor) to be my
primary screen and my HDTV to be the secondary. Even UEFI stuff shows on
my HDTV (HDMI). Nothing on my monitor (VGA)! I remember the old PCs used
to show same stuff on both displays during old BIOS and CMOS!

Also, I'm using an old OmniCube KVM (PS2+VGA) from Y2K for my VGA
monitor. W10 says my monitor is #2 (VGA) while HDTV (HDMI) is #1. How
can I tell the motherboard to use my monitor as the first display (VGA)
instead of my HDTV (HDMI)?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.
--
So many issues, and so little time and energy!
| |o o| |