Old November 20th 03, 05:52 PM
who be dat?

Well, I gave it a shot. The CPU is locked as I figured it would be. Damn.
Thanks for your thoughts fellas. C-ya!

Chris Smith

"CoCo" wrote in message
hi

"who be dat?" skrev i meddelandet
Yeah, I figured I would have to use the dip switches. Now then, how do

determine if the CPU is locked? Is there the possibility I could damage
anything if I tried to change the multiplier and the CPU was locked? I
suspect no but am not sure.

no problems, if locked mult/speed will not change at all.

Any idea how much I can overclock it? I suspect not much which makes

not
want to even bother.

no one knows! read:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showth...0&pagenumber=1

and

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showth...0&pagenumber=1

coco

I'd rather not buy anything new. Thanks to a really dumb mistake on my
part, I ended up buying a new mobo and CPU. I really don't want to buy
anythign new until the new Athlon 64 FX's come out, 939 pin based. At

this
point, I'll buy a brand new system from teh ground up.

C-ya!

Chris Smith

"CoCo" wrote in message
hi

you can only use the dips for changing the mult! thats one off the bad

about
this board.
but you have to have an unlocked cpu.

if you're 2400 is locked then maybe a new barton 2500 (locked by now)

will
do nice.
even locked it will do 200 fsb (11x 200 = 2100mhz)

coco

"who be dat?" skrev i meddelandet
I recently purchased a Gigabyte K7 Triton series mobo, model

GA-7n400-L
be specific, and an AMD 2400+ CPU, the 266 MHz FSB version.

I'm thinking about overclocking the CPU. I can't do this thru the

BIOS
(the
BIOS for this board sucks when it comes to overclocking...). There

are
dip
switches on the board. Currently, they are set to Auto for the FSB

and
the
CPU, it will automatically set the FSB speed and the multiplier.

I'd rather not overclocking by adjusting the FSB. Some games I play

start
getting jerky when I do that (namely UT2003). However, I'm hoping

adjust
the clock multiplier by setting the switches accordingly and bump up

the
speed a bit. Question: is it possible to do with this CPU or is it
"locked"? Also, with regular cooling (CPU fan, 2 fans sucking air

out
of
the case, 2 blowing air in), how much can I realistically expect to
overclock. If I can only bump it up to 2500+ plus level, then it

quite
frankly isn't worth it to me. HOwever, if I can get a bit more...

Thanks for any thoughts and cya!!

Chris Smith