Old November 3rd 03, 09:09 PM
QBall

You need NF7-S2, 2500+ AQZEA/XEA/XFA and TwinMOS PC32/4200 - that's all.

"Lee" wrote in message
The Abit NF7-S is a very nice board and so is the Asus A7N8X deluxe i

would
choose between these 2 in todays market. The later barton 2500+ to my
understanding are outstanding overclockers and should definately go higher
than a 2800+ barton, plus the barton 2500+ will save on your wallet :-).

As
for ram i would be looking at pc3500 either OCZ or Kingston HyperX and for
the cheaper option pc3700 TwinMos ram. As for cooling i would be looking

at
getting the thermalright SLKs for excellent cooling.

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 12:41:31 GMT, "Dave Phillips"
wrote:

:I could use some suggestions...
:
:I want to upgrade from by ABIT KT7A motherboard with 1.2 GHz

Thujnderbird
:chip to a faster board, Athlon XP CPU, etc.
:
:I am thinking about the Abit NF7-S board with a Barton core chip. I

have
:read about overclocking and have never done that before.....
:
:1. Does the NF7-S overclock well?
:2. Should I get the 2500+ chip and overclock it or go to the 2800+ and
:overclock it?
:3. If I overclock, what speed RAM (PC2700, PC3200)???
:4. What about cooling? I have the normal case fans and have added one

extra
:in the front. Will I need additional cooling???? Suggestions?
:
:
:Dave
: