Old November 5th 03, 11:39 PM
Venadium

Default 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder, plus a few other questions

I'm in the early stages of upgrading my PC, again. Since I now have a job,
live at home, and therefore have no bills to pay (yet), I can finally afford
to purchase hardware that is top-of-the-line now, not 6 months - 1 year ago.
One of the things I'll definately be buying is the 9800 Pro. While shopping
around, I noticed the 9800 Pro All-in-Wonder is generally less than $10 more
than the 9800 Pro. I do a small amount of video editing, and my old WinTV
card is starting to show its age. Would it be worth it to get the
All-in-Wonder? Will it perform exactly as well as a 9800 Pro, with the added
VIVO features? The card I am looking to purchase (9800 Pro All-in-Wonder
128MB) is manufactured by Sapphire.

Also, I have a question about dual-displays. Currently I am using 2
monitors, the primary display driven by a GeForce4 Ti4200, the secondary
display by a GeForce2MX. Will I run into issues with conficting drivers by
having the 9800 Pro and GeForce2 running simultaneously? Or would it be
easier to just purchase an older ATI card to replace the older GeForce card?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can offer.