Old October 11th 03, 09:06 PM
Thomas

sb wrote:
Also, I've noticed two issues so far...first issue is that I played
Halo and there is big performance loss compared to the Geforce 3 that
I just switched out. All I did was uninstall my Detonator 51.75
drivers, shut down the pc and put in the 9800 and installed the
latest catalyst drivers that I downloaded (3.7, I believe?). I have

I think the problem lies in the NVidia drivers... try a util like 'detonator
destroyer' to really get rid of all the **** the NVidia driver has left
behind.. After reinstalling the Ati driver, it would be wise to reinstall
DirectX 9.

You could try a benchmark with 3DMark to see if your performance is up to
par...

Good luck, and enjoy your card...

Thomas