Old September 15th 03, 01:43 PM
meshJ

Should be a nice change from my *ahem* geforce2 32MB.

Got me thinking about old games which I play quite a bit, what sort of probs
are you seeing and is it the card clock speed settings you turn down?

OT I know but I'll start a new thread now.

meshJ

"Mike B" wrote in message
. ..
BTW, what do you think of the card? I'll be getting a 9800 non-pro

shortly.

Let me put it this way: I was accused of cheating on my regular TFC server
right after I got the card
The 9800 is actually too powerful for Half-Life, I had to turn all the
settings down.

-M

--
http://www.joinarnold.com
http://www.saveourlicense.com

"meshJ" wrote in message
It's a known driver 'issue' but not really incorrect (can't remember a

link,
but it's on Radeon forums everywhere), a non-pro is hardware identical
except for clock speeds and the rating of the RAM. Your default clock

speed
is the way to tell if it's a non-pro.

BTW, what do you think of the card? I'll be getting a 9800 non-pro

shortly.

meshJ

"J" wrote in message
I have a machine with a 9800 Non-Pro. In the device manager it read:

"9800
series".
After i upgraded to WinXPPro and Catalyst 3.7 drivers it now says:

"9800
Pro"?
The speed is set to 325/294,25 = Non-Pro, but I have no problem what

so
ever
running the card at 378/340 via Rage3D Tweak?

Question to you 9800 Non-Pro owners:
Can someone with a 9800 Non-Pro card please answer what your device

manager
reads?!

/ J