Old April 26th 07, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Tomasz M. Sadowski

Default Radeon x600 vs Quadro NVS280

Hi All --
I've just upgraded to a new motherboard, which means that I have to
trash my old AGP video card and get myself a PCI Express (sigh). The
system is mostly for business use (programming, 2D graphics in
Illustrator and Photoshop), so it doesn't really call for lots of
graphics horsepower. What I do need is dual DVI support and passive
cooling (the less watts consumed, the better).
I'm now looking into an nVidia Quadro NVS280 (64MB, brand unknown) or
an ATI Radeon x600 (supposedly 256MB, Dell branded). Both are priced
identically.
Which one would you recommend?
Best regards,
Tomasz