Old January 28th 07, 03:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Bill Smith

Default Reboots since installing an XFX 7950

Might not be related, but when my sons fan died on his video card, it
would re-boot at random...usually while he was gaming ! He ran it like
that for about 2 months. I replaced the fan and he's still usuing that
card...a real prize that one...lol

I'm curious if you have one of the XFX cards that is passive. If so, I
hope you have very good airflow in your case...FYI !

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 04:01:48 -0600, "Albert Wiersch"
wrote:

I've experienced several spontaneous system reboots since installing a new
XFX 7950GT. I bought this card:

Any ideas?

My thoughts are either the card is defective or the drivers.

I am overclocking my Core 2 Duo CPU only but did not have this problem with
my previous 7900GS card.

Albert