Old July 21st 03, 10:07 AM
Phil Weldon

Well, you asked for suggestions... those were my ideas of how to ensure a
greater volume of interesting posts. I suggest you do a literature search
on the cooling methods I mentioned. I believe you will find the CPU design
engineers are very concerned with high heat flux CPU's and other fast, small
feature size integrated circuit chips with ~ 10^8 switches operating
simultaneously. These other solutions will necessarily be main stream in
just a few years. It is not that 'water cooling is passe'; it is that Intel
want a more reliable system, and few users want a puddle on their desktop.

Phil Weldon,

"Thomas Andersson" wrote in message
Phil Weldon wrote:

Since usage is a problem, why not consider broader coverage, and
include all cooling methods other than heatsink/fan?

Other thasn heatsink/fan? Those aren't included at all as the new

newsgroup
I'm suggesting is for watercooling.My definitions might not be the best or
most correct ones, but is the one I'm using. It goes: the HSF solution is
the basic/default solution used for any computer and most overclocking.
Watercooling is a more specific and alternate solution (but a pretty broad
subject in itself). As it's also used for non-overclocking solutions it
grows.

Perhaps the reason you don't understand what my post has to do with
the proposed newsgroup is that you concatenated part of your post
with my post, placing it ahead of my reply, then bottom-posted.

That would imply that I didn't read before I answered, surely you give me
more credit than that? What I didn't understand is why you brought up some
very exotic adn probably almnost unused cooling solutions into a

discussion
about the eventual creation of a wc newsgroup.
If you by that meant create a new newsgroup about ALL cooling I think it's

very bad idea as that would be to broad a subject that heavily clashes

with
the existing overclocking groups. I see no point in splitting a newsgroup

in
to two general groups basically oin the same topic, if there's to be a

split
it is to single out a specific topic for separate discussion.

Best Wishes
Thomas