Old July 20th 03, 02:55 PM
Thomas Andersson

Phil Weldon wrote:

Exactly, watercooling has passed the fad phase and is maturing,
finding new uses and becoming available to a bigger public....

How about accoustic cooling? This method likey has more promise for
CPU cooling than what we have loosely been calling 'water cooling'
when what we are really doing is using a fluid (water) to transport
heat by forced convection from a CPU to a radiator and fan. A
suitable heatpipe and convective air heat transport is much simpler
that using a water loop - unfortunately these heat pipes are less
common and not easy (or safe) to tinker with.

Or direct fluid impingment on the silicon die?

Or fluid channels and pumps etched into the silicon die?

Or semiconductors with a better performance than doped
tellurium/bismuth?

Eh? What does these have to do with the proposed newsgroup? What are you
trying to say?