Old February 13th 04, 05:42 PM
Kai Robinson

"Darthy" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 07:54:13 +0100, "Kai Robinson"
wrote:

I write this at 7:42am - and i still havent gone to sleep yet. I've been
spending hours tweaking this system in hopes of getting just that little

bit
more out of my system. After changing my Ram timings to 2-2-5-2, enabling
4-way bank interleaving and upping the pulse width to 8. Clocking the

card
to 240/490 (and bearing in mind this is 5ns stuff - thats 400Mhz top

speed)
and running the processor at 1604Mhz (153 x 10.5 Multiplier) - i finally

got
the result i was after. Now it may not be much - but to me this is a huge
amount - especially for a 'budget' GeForce 3 Ti200.

Previously - the best score i got at the same settings (except the Ram
timings), was 8158. With the ram timings enabled, i'm getting 8767 - with
most of the difference being made in the Game benches, Single Texturing

Fill
rate (766.5 vs 746.4 MTexels/sec) and 1 light High Polygon count (29.0 vs
27.9 MTriangles/sec)

Every other score was virtually identical.

Thing is though - can i do better?

Anyone else managed to get a score this high with one of these cards?

Easier to pop in a new card...

With out major OC... I think the fastest 3DMark01 is over 20,000 -
AMD64-FX51 + ATI9800XT

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!

Oh I will be popping in a Radeon 9500 when it arrives & i was asking if
anyone else with a GeForce 3 managed to get such a high score as that.

And although 600 odd 3d marks might not look like much - i can certainly
feel the difference in Unreal II, everything plays so much more fluidly.
Although whether thats to do with the Ram timings or the card - i dont know.