Old October 13th 04, 10:54 PM
Bob Levine

Default Presario 5000 RAM

I've got a neighbor who owns a Presario 5000, model 5003US. I just
upgraded the machine to XP from ME with a clean install. Runs much
better now, but he also bought a 128 meg PNY memory module for it at
Staples to upgrade the RAM from 128 to 256.

When I installed it, the machine started to boot and got to about 160
megs and the monitor just lit up like a Christmas tree with all kinds of
funky colors. I thought maybe the RAM was no good so I had him return it
but the replacement is doing the same thing.

It's 128 megs of PC 133 RAM. Any clues as to what's wrong?

Bob