Old September 27th 03, 07:21 PM
Col

Hi all,

I bought a Tyan Tachyon 9600PRO from Ebuyer for £99.95 + VAT and I'm
delighted with it.

Regards,

Col
"John Smith" wrote in message
A friend of mine did some research on this about 2 months ago and came up
with the belief that the Connect 3D 9600 Pro 128MB on sale at
www.overclockers.co.uk for about £120 was the best card available... at

the
time... in terms of performance and price. The 9800s are simply ovver the
top in price. He has two now and they are superb. I also have heard that
Sapphire are excellent cards. OCers sells a wide range of cards.

"Skid" wrote in message

"Bolton Gate" wrote in message
Sorry I meant to tell you I am posting from the UK!

I can't help with U.K. prices or avilability, but the Sapphire cards are
generally the pick of the
OEMs, with better quality memory that can usually be overclocked without
much trouble. If you can get that G4 4600, it would be a decent cheap
stopgap until you could save up for a Sapphire 9800 non-pro, which can

often
overclock to 9800 Pro and beyond.