Old October 19th 07, 06:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Beladi Nasralla

Default budget gaming PC performs well vs. high-end

On Oct 19, 11:29 pm, Patrick Vervoorn
wrote:
In article .com,
Beladi Nasralla wrote:

On Oct 19, 5:45 pm, Patrick Vervoorn
wrote:
You don't mention the resolution at which you are running Bioshock vs the
resolution at which your colleague is running it...?

I run it with the resolution 1440x900. This is about 1.3 MP. This is
also the amount of pixels in the 1240x1024 screen which had been de-
facto for LCD screens. When I was buying my LCD, I did not pay much
attention to th eresolution, and bought what I have now; I was later
sorry that I did not instist when dealing with the salesperson, and
did not get a 1650x1050 screen. It has 1.6 MP. But there is a positive
side to it, too. With a 1650x1050 screen, my games would run 20%
slower than now ith a 1440x900 screen...

Yes, and now find out at what resolution your colleague is running, and
only then can you make a meaningful comparison between your system and
his...

He is running 800x600 on his CRT...