Old January 6th 07, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Default Latest driver WITHOUT the new control panel

Mr.E Solved! wrote:

To directly answer your question, you can use both control panels in all
current versions of Forceware drivers, you just have to look look for
the prompts and select "classic panel" instead of the new panel. The new
panels became optional standard with the 90's series.

Yep, but they take much extra space, and some functionality is moved
from the classic to the new. I have tried it so I'll just see :-)

What exactly do you mean by 'disk-hogging'? Do you mean to imply that
the software has a data footprint substantially larger than other

5MB more than previous version for a video-driver.... Well....
And the annoying fact that even the english version installs the
new control panel with the "locale" language (not the "text" one)

While the international version of Forcewares is 60M, the single
language version is 40M, and the bulk of that is not installed. You can

It takes almost that on disk as well. The 8x.xx series are half that

technological time-warp, where you insist that the hardware and software
limitations of the 1990's still exist today! It's just not true.

I have an old MB still, and I'm trying not to upgrade it quite yet :-)
Then you need to think about things like RAM usage (HDD is large :-)

Files on your disk do not slow your PC down. Multiple hardware devices

When read they do, when loaded into memory they do. From the 80 to the
90 series drivers the free memory has gone down quite a bit sadly .-(
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
XP, Asus P4PE, 2.53 GHz, Asus V8420 (Ti4200), SB-Live