Old February 10th 06, 11:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default REJOYCE !!!

"Rick F." wrote in message
In article , Nut Cracker
wrote:
Its happened !!! I was finally able to aquire all the bits and pieces
required to build a fully redundant high-availablility cluster !!!

2 x PL6400R
4 x PIII Xeon 500/1M
4GB EDO memory
4x 18GB Ultra3 drives
SA5300/64
2x 66Mhz/64Bit StorageWorks Fibre Cards
NC3131
Intel Pro100
Fully Redundant Fans
2x 500W powersupplys

Cool.. You've got one more than I have (albeit you've got a bit more
RAM than I do in my 6400R, Fibre cards, + SA5300)

Compaq StorageWorks 16 Port Fibre Switch (brocade silkworm II 16port
switch)
Fibre Channel Disk Storage Systems
2x RA4100 FibreChannel
2x RA4000/4100 RAID Controllers

So.. How much faster is using a setup like this (if any) over using a
dedicated
4214 or similar -- is this mostly for situations where you've got multiple
machines all plugged into the same disk-farm and doesn't really buy you
much
beyond that?

Shared storage is required for clustering. I "could" use a shared SCSI
system, but I dont like shared SCSI and it isnt as scalable as a fibre based
system.

-- Rick