Old February 2nd 04, 01:43 PM
Navid

"John Peel" wrote in message
Navid wrote:
"John Peel" wrote in message

Hi all,

i am hoping to take the first steps to building my own intel based pc
soo. I am going to purchase the above mobo and want also to get a Zalman
Nb47J Northbridge cooler.

I visited Zalamsn website and read the installation guide. The guide
says that the mobo must have mounting holes by the northbride in order
to fit the cooler.

I am very new to all this so i was hoping that someone could tell me if
the P4C800-e has the neccesary mounting holes (2 nr.)

Many thanks

Looking at this picture, you can see that the motherboard comes with a
heatsink
for the chipset that is installed by springs. So, there are no holes.
http://www.motherboards.org/articles...ws/1251_1.html
But, why do you want to remove the original heatsink and put another one

in
its place? I wonder if that would void the warranty. I am not sure if

it
would
increase the overclock capability either.

Ok. Thanks for replying. Perhaps this is a silly question but i am a bit
new to this. Is that heatsink ALREADY fitted to the Northbridge then by
the mobo manufacturer? All i need to do is fit the processor and the
processor heatsink?

Sorry if its a dumbquestion. I have seen pics of the mobo from Asus's
site but have never seen that cooler on the northbridge before.

Kind regards

John

John,

I have a P4P800 deluxe. It came with the Northbridge (chipset) heatsink
installed. I believe that it would be the same with this board.

The only thing is that the heatsink may not exactly look like what is
shown in the picture.
There has been an upgrade to the boards (at least P4P800 deluxe).
The new heatsinks are black and are rotated by 45 degrees to leave
more room for larger cpu coolers. But, either way, the chipset heatsink
is already installed. And yes, you need to install the CPU and its cooler.

Please post if this is not clear or if you have other questions.

Navid