Old February 2nd 04, 01:32 PM
John Peel

Navid wrote:
"John Peel" wrote in message

Hi all,

i am hoping to take the first steps to building my own intel based pc
soo. I am going to purchase the above mobo and want also to get a Zalman
Nb47J Northbridge cooler.

I visited Zalamsn website and read the installation guide. The guide
says that the mobo must have mounting holes by the northbride in order
to fit the cooler.

I am very new to all this so i was hoping that someone could tell me if
the P4C800-e has the neccesary mounting holes (2 nr.)

Many thanks

Looking at this picture, you can see that the motherboard comes with a
heatsink
for the chipset that is installed by springs. So, there are no holes.
http://www.motherboards.org/articles...ws/1251_1.html
But, why do you want to remove the original heatsink and put another one in
its place? I wonder if that would void the warranty. I am not sure if it
would
increase the overclock capability either.

Ok. Thanks for replying. Perhaps this is a silly question but i am a bit
new to this. Is that heatsink ALREADY fitted to the Northbridge then by
the mobo manufacturer? All i need to do is fit the processor and the
processor heatsink?

Sorry if its a dumbquestion. I have seen pics of the mobo from Asus's
site but have never seen that cooler on the northbridge before.

Kind regards

John