Old January 28th 04, 05:54 PM
Erin Peterson

"kony" wrote in message
news
IMHO, it's not worthwhile to upgrade your present motherboard unless
at a minimum, it supports 133MHz (DDR266) FSB and accepts DDR memory.
Otherwise there's too a great difference in performance possible by
replacing the board.

Hey kony.

Thanks for the reply. At this point, you're pretty much just confirming
suspicisions I've already had. At the moment I'm caught in the upgrade a
piece at a time vs. build a new computer conundrum and I'm leaning heavily
towards just building a new one. Could you suggest a good/low cost MoBo?
Low cost of course being a relative term meaning best bang for the buck.

Also, in your opinion, should I go Intel or AMD for a new chip? I'm not
really looking for state of the art, just a good chip in the 1 to 2 Ghz
range.

Thanks again.