Old April 14th 07, 12:22 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_2_]

Default Cooler recommendations for 8800 GTS?

You need a better designed case with larger and/or more cooling fans.

--

DaveW

___________
"Don Burnette" wrote in message
I recently installed the BFG 8800 GTS 640 mb card.

I am having some airflow issues in my case.

I took the side panel off, and laid a case fan on the back of the card,
tilted down to where it is blowing directly across the back of the card,
toward the rear of the case. It will now successfully make it through 3d
mark 05, but I tried FSX ( MSFS ), it made it a few minutes then locked
up. Previously, before doing this, it would lock up in less than a minute,
in both 3d mark 05 and FSX.

So obviously, I need better cooling. Even my E6600 core temps, came down
app 8C, after removing side panel and putting this fan on the card.

Would appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks,

--
Don