Old June 21st 04, 03:23 PM
FrobinRobin

"DougH" wrote in message ...
The chips
use the new 939-pin package - already used in Opteron processors - which
enable them to support a wider memory base and boosts performance.

Opterons don't use the 939. They use the 940 package.

DougH

Correct DougH.. opterons are only 940, athlon64 and athlon64 FX are
939 at the moment !

If you want to know about new processors.. try searchin
alt.comp.hardware.amd for 'dual core processors' .. I've not verified
what was said - but I read the post and it seems like AMD want to
'glue' two opterons together... now that is new news! (well its at
least a week old)
But then again.. on the internet news travels faster than ever before!
including rumours! cant blame these guys for wanting to seem cool in a
nerdy newsgroup...oops! I shouldnt say nerds... we're 'professionals'
nowadays