Old October 13th 04, 07:46 PM
Gerard Bok

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:43:50 +0200, "E.D."
wrote:

I have 3 computers coupled to a Linksys wireless router, that is coupled to
a braodband connection. All computers are XP and the IP numbers are through
DHCP.

In the network card properties of the laptop card I then set a static IP
address.
This works -for both the built in network adapter as well as the wireless
card- but the weird thing is that I now can make contact with the network
again, but not with the internet, eventhough i get the message that internet
is now connected.

That's the way it should be. You now have a valid IP address but
no DNS server (normally you would obtain both from DHCP).

What can I do to fix it.

Go to the device manager and remove the network card there. (Just
select and click 'remove', no need to open the case !)

Windows will find 'new hardware' and install the required drivers
and reinstall the TCP/IP stack. (And you don't need the bridge !)

Pretty good chance this will undo your son's modifications :-)

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok