Old July 3rd 12, 09:39 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default nibbles of bits and bytes to make words go round and round

Just doing a little work on a different network than I'm used, copper
(A)DLS voice over inet, with a LAN or so stated for something like
10M / 1M u/dl ratios. It's on the brochure, for sure. So I start
asking questions, as usual, and got myself routed over to a speed test
for verification. And lo, yep & behold, results come back, via
_inhouse_ acceptability, @ 1M d/l & point-5 u/l. Wow, guess I'd just
never the chance before to read it that way. Plain and same old
copper line carrier serving me since a 56K dialup and into DSL. Idea
didn't occur, apples and oranges could taste exactly, precisely the
same until I ran some d/l-s off test sites with my same ol, same-same
apps and saw exactly, precisely the same speeds the LAN is doing, as
I'd seen, for sure, from a DSL configured for simultaneous voice talk-
tru on a VOIP provider. Sorts of things in rhymes between kilo bytes
and plain ol' standalone bytes. Maybe. Sounded pretty, anyway, just
wasn't x10 or even x100 faster, like a rocket ship shooting straight
through my head at the speed of light, at least. . . .Damn, Sam, &
sheesh.