Old May 18th 05, 08:51 PM
Andrew Smallshaw

In article , David Maynard wrote:

If "it" is being able to run an EM64T processor in 64 bit mode then the
board supports "it."

If "it" is having an address space larger than 4 gig then the board does
not support "it."

_All_ modern day processors support more than 4Gb - this was introduced in the
386 - although admittedly you had to abandon the 'flat' memory model. For the
386 the absolute limit was 64Gb if memory serves. Therefore the processor is
irrelevant - it's more dependant on the chipset. I never saw a 386 board that
supported so much memory but I remember them being availiable from about the
Pentium I era onwards.

--
Andrew Smallshaw