Old April 27th 08, 08:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default nv4_mini.sys causing reboot

Hi,

I'm also having similar porblems. I have a Hewlett Packard dv9014ea
with NVidia GeForce 7600. I get the blue screen that says nv4_mini.sys
caused the crash.

After I reboot windows won't start unless I go to safe mode and the
screen
is full of stripes and green blocks(!?).

I've tried downloading the new drivers. The install program says "no
compatible drivers found. the installation program will now close".

The only way I've found that someone has fixed their problem with
nv4_mini.sys was
that they changed the cord coming from their card to the screen to a
different output on the card. I wonder how would you go on doing this
on a laptop?