Old April 10th 08, 11:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default nv4_mini.sys causing reboot

"nomad" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a new laptop with a Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT graphics card.
When shutting down the laptyop, it starts itself back up again unless
I keep the power button pressed. I have run verifier.exe in Windows,
and it has come back saying that the above driver is trying to access
memory after it has been freed, which I am thinking is causing the
reboot. I have uninstalled the current Nvidia driver and installed
the latest driver, but I am still getting the same problem. If anyone
could help with this matter, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brand and model of laptop?