Old December 7th 18, 10:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Switched out CPU

Blows the doors off the Phenom II 2.6GHz for responsiveness, although
all cores loaded encoding is strange and would seem somewhat slow by
comparison. The reviews I read, however, did mention that it wasn't
exactly a multi-core powerhouse;- it's strong point being up-front
clock speed and unlocked multiplier.

Reading it and doing it took a little time to sync in.

FX 4100 o'clocked to 4GHz (stock 3.6GHz w/ 3.8GHz Boost).
Initially had problems, fixed when I turned off BIOS: AMD Auto Pwr
Management. Turned off Boost.

AMD Fx "guess your" offset stuff: 41F at some 176F TjMax from freeware
Core Temp.

Ordered the CPU off the used Korean market and paid less than the
Phenom on a used American market.

One box now responsively corrected to give bang. I doubt I need go
over 3.6GHz, as well can turn back on the Turbo Boost for stock,
however that actually works.