Old November 12th 03, 01:42 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

I might be wrong... but I have seen posts here for years saying that linux
does not do EisaSMP, and you wont be able to install it on this system.
(this includes models up to the Proliant 4500, because they dont have a PCI
bus. The 1500 is the sole exception as it does have PCI, and once you get
out of the P5 class machines and get into the PPro systems, then it shouldnt
be a problem).

But... if you want to try, there is a memory switch you have to give lilo
that is something like:

mem=X - 1M@1M

whereX = 40 (because that is how much RAM you have).

let us know how you fare... you might have a hard time getting a driver for
IDA disk controller (if that is the controller that you have in the system,
which if memory serves correctly, you should have. It has a 50pin SCSI like
connector, that attaches to 2 210M or 2 510M IDE drives. These are
particular drives, so you wont be able to put any-ole IDE disk on there.

Cheers,

LC

"Peter Murray" wrote in message
Hi, I got a Systempro/XL with 2 50Mhz 486's and I put in 40Mb of RAM,
configured it correctly with the compaq setup and ASTRA sees it all, but
when it comes to installing Redhat linux it says that i dont have enought
system memory.
Im trying to install Redhat 7.1
my server is as follows:

Systempro/XL Series 3050
40Mb RAM
AHA 1740 EISA SCSI with 2GbHD,Tapedrive and CDrom attached.

any help would be much apreciated

TIA

Peter Murray