Old November 19th 03, 02:53 PM
Yves Leclerc

I also read the some nVidia drivers also "killed" some nVidia boards. Each
company do have some board that become "flaky" and with newer drivers can
push any card over the top.

Y.

"Andrew" spamtrap@localhost wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:17:03 -0400, "Peter Hackett"
wrote:

I've fallen back on my onboard nforce2 GPU (Geforce4 MX) after my

graphics
card died.
What's the best mainstream graphics card available?

ATI 9800 something - not sure which model is best.

P.S.: When discussing ATI and nVidia drivers, keep in mind that the Cat.

3.8
& 3.9 drivers can kill your graphics card - I know for a fact. Never

heard
of nVidia drivers doing that.

Bull****.
please don't top post. Trim messages to quote only relevent text.