Old October 12th 03, 01:49 PM
kony

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003 11:10:38 +0200, "Zejad Setrallah"
wrote:

"Zejad Setrallah" wrote in message
. dk...
I have a compaq 5000 and I would like to buy a graphiccard. But I'm not

sure
which card fit to this compaq series. Can any body help me with that+
thanks

It appears to have integrated intel 810 graphics, probably using a
shared memory frame-buffer because the board was built cheaply,
without the onboard memory chips. That makes it pretty slow,
especially when the CPU is a Celeron which uses 66MHz FSB, Memory Bus.

It doesn't have an AGP port, so you need a PCI video card. It "most
likely" has a standard ATX power supply (but don't take my word for
it, check that) but I would expect it's a very, very low wattage power
supply, perhaps even as low as 90-150W, maybe a little higher. If you
bought a low-powered PCI video card it may work fine but it's easily
possible that you'd need a bigger power supply.

Your system is too slow to get much benefit from a high-end gamer's
video card, but you didn't mention exactly why you're upgrading the
video.

You might consider an ATI Radeon 9100, Radeon 7500, or nVidia Geforce
4 MX (all in the PCI version).

Dave