Old September 5th 03, 10:45 PM
w_tom

Looking back on your original list of damaged components, I
notice PSU was damaged. What type of PSU was this? What /
where are specifications for this PSU?

David LeBrun wrote:
Ok...I am not disputing the science behind all this...I couldn't even
begin to...

My intent when I started this thread was to get people's experiences
with power related death to components because I was simply curious
why the cpu, memory and video card (items which I would expect to go
first) survived when other components (which I thought were more
durable) failed. I agree with you 100% that a UPS protects data as
they have saved my stuff on numerous occasions.