Old July 27th 04, 08:58 AM
Ben Pope

Steve D wrote:
Ok here is the situation.
I have the above mentioned MoBo. I have been running a matched pair of
patriot ddr 3200 CL2 400mhz for a total of 512 (slot 1 and 3). I run this
at a 1:1 ratio with my AMD xp 3000 (333mhz). Everything looks
fine.....now in this day and age 512 isn't enough so i got another 512
stick. Now here is the wierd thing. althought the ram is ddr 2700 cl
2.5, my mobo sees it as cl3 and i can not change it. I am running the
latest bios ver 1010..... What gives....i have tied a different brand of
memory also 2700 cl 2.5 and no change. How can i get the best bang for
my buck with this config. Thanks in advance,
Steve

Why can't you change it?

If the timings are greyed you need to change "Memory Timing" under "Chipset
Configuration" to "User Defined" and tweak to your hearts content.

Might as well set "Memory Frequency" to "100%" too. Just so that you know
whats going on (Assuming FSB is 166MHz)

Ben