Old June 30th 06, 11:31 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers

Default Question on Compaq StorageWorks RAID Array 4100

I have a question about the Compaq StorageWorks RAID Array 4100, as
someone I know is selling one, but I'm not sure about exactly how it all
hangs together.

I'm interested in building up a Network Attached Storage device. I know
the 4100 has 12 slots, a smart array controller, and a fibre channel
interface. Does this mean that if I plug it into the fibre channel
connector on my D-Link DES 3624i switch, I have my NAS device, or does
it still need to be connected to a dedicated server running samba (for
example) to make it available on the network?

I don't know anything about this device so thought I'd ask.