Old August 29th 04, 12:38 PM
Simon Elliott

Homer J. Simpson wrote:

Hi, Simon.

Try the following manual memory settings, instead of letting the
motherboard
read the memory timings from the SPD ROM on the memory modules:

In the Chipset Features Setup page of the BIOS Setup try the following
conservative memory settings...

Top Performance isabled
Fast Command :Normal
Configure SDRAM by SPD isabled
SDRAM Frequency :266MHz
SDRAM CAS# Latency :2.5
SDRAM Command Rate :2T Command

If you are able to get to the hidden settings by pressing Ctrl F1
at the
main BIOS menu page and then going into the Chipset Features Setup
page then
also try the following memory settings...

Precharge to Active CMD :3T
Active CMD to Precharge :7T
Active to CMD :3T
SDRAM Bank Interleave isabled
SDRAM Burst Length :4 QW
ClkGen for DDR/PCI Slots :Enabled

The above memory settings should be more conservative than the Fail-Safe
Values.

Hi Homer

Followed your suggestions, but no success.

I tried using the Chipset settings you suggested but couldn't find the
'hidden settings' to change those. CTL+F1 does nothing on my board and
I'm wondering if this something that came in with either the Rev 2.0
board or just a later version of the BIOS (currently F4)? I've looked
but cannot find this info on the Gigabyte website.

I'm currently awaiting the end of an Bay auction to see if I can get my
hands on a stick similar to my original memory. If not then I'll try
Crucial, given they seem to have a money back guarantee.

--

Simon