Old April 5th 09, 02:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Possible issue with Zotac 9800 GT

On Sun, 05 Apr 2009 01:20:13 GMT, "Augustus"
brought the following to our attention:

Thank you.. this is very helpful. It's a Precision 670 as follows:

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/D...cision_670.pdf

But it's been refurbished and fitted with new CPUs, HD's and RAM

2x Intel 3.2GHz Xeon, SL7ZE
2x Seagate 15k, 73GB U320 SCSI
4x PC3200-1GB ECC RAM

Plus I added many more features post-delivery. Now please don't
start with how old and obsolete the system is because it works great
for me, and it can run FSX well enough with a nVIDIA 9800GT 512MB
card.

The system should be fine for your needs....although the ECC DDR may be a
bottleneck. Is this system running WinXP32? And did you simply remove the
FireGL drivers via Add/Remove and install the Forceware?

The memory buss is 800 MHz and that isn't exactly cutting edge. The
OS is Win Xp Pro (32-bit) SP3. Yes.. I uninstalled the ATI drivers using
the Add/Remove Software from Control Panel, the uninstalled the ATI
hardware in Computer Manager, then powered down to install the 9800.

-ed