Old March 14th 09, 08:17 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default Galaxy Non-reference GTX260 VGA Card With 1792 MB Memory

"First of One" wrote in message
Galaxy Non-reference GTX260 VGA Card With 1792 MB Memory:
http://en.expreview.com/2009/03/14/e...mb-memory.html

44% performance improvement in World in Conflict at 1920x1200 16x CSAA
over the 896 MB card.

I don't really understand why Galaxy would do this with the GTX 260 series
card though, and not the 280 series. If I was gaming newer 3D title at
1920x1080 I would have sprung for the standard GTX280. I suspect a reference
896 Mb GTX 280 would ouperform a 1792Mb GTX 260, and they can be had for
less than $325 with the right deal at Newegg.