Old February 17th 09, 05:03 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

Default Capturing video with Geforce 9800 series?

If your card is advertised with VIVO capabilities, then yes. Just use any
WDM-compliant capture application, such as VirtualVCR:
http://virtualvcr.sourceforge.net/ . The L-R audio lines from the VCR plug
separately into the line-in jack on your sound card (typically you'll need
an RCA-to-3.5mm Y-cable).

Bear in mind commercial VHS films have Macrovision copy-protection, so you
may need a video stabilizer box between the VCR and the card. Self-recorded
tapes obviously won't need it.

"Slattery (H0llyw00d H0gan)" wrote in message
Am I able to use my GeForce 9800 GTX+ card to capture VHS video and store
it on my HDD for later transfer to DVD?