Old October 24th 08, 03:44 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel[_4_]

Default No Physx processor installed

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message

snip

"No AGEIA Physx Processor Installed" is completely normal as you're
not
using the PPU which is also supported by the Physx driver. You're
using
"Geforce Physx" which is listed under settings. You can use this to
switch GPU Physx on or off.

Thanks, I think I understand, does this mean I need to install a Physx
Processing Unit
as well, and use it in conjunction with my GPU?

thanks

Daniel

No, the GeForce 8XXX and up graphic cards from Nvidia are supposed
to support PhysX effects. I know my 8800 does. You may find some
games run unacceptably slow when you add the extra overhead of the
PhysX effects with your less capable 8600 though.

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Bill

Okay so I am back to square one, I have the latest drivers for both GPU
and
Physx installed as administrator,
so where to from here.

BTW, I meant Rail Simulator not Train Simulator, and Physx capability is
installed as a part of it's install routine.

Bit of a difference, that.

regards

Daniel

Do you now have a Nvidia PhysX icon in the control panel?

Bill
--
GMail, Google Goobers and Web to Usenet gateway users.
This century's answers to AOL and WebTV.

Yes I do, before this it was the Ageia Physx Icon, both were the same,
that is how I get the Physx Properties up.

regards

Daniel