Old June 9th 07, 07:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
martin griffith[_2_]

Default How to test a power supply ?

On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 18:12:43 GMT, in sci.electronics.design "Phil
Weldon" wrote:

'martin' wrote:
| Make sure you get a voltmeter with a USB connector, in case you have
| to reinstall the OS on the voltmeter
_____

Actually, you CAN get Digital Multimeters with serial and USB ports - for
logging, and, I suppose, for flash updates for the more sophisticated DMMs.

Phil Weldon

"martin griffith" wrote in message
.. .
| On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 21:11:17 -0700, in sci.electronics.design Skybuck
| wrote:
|
| Hello,
|
| Some have suggested to buy a voltmeter and then test the power supply.
|
| Make sure you get a voltmeter with a USB connector, in case you have
| to reinstall the OS on the voltmeter
|

| martin

Yes I know, but considering all the problems the OP is having with
bios and stuff, I thought I would just add to his confusion

martin