Old May 24th 07, 12:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 Problem

On May 24, 5:52 am, Edward W. Thompson
wrote:
On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:04:28 -0400, Randy Yates
wrote:

Edward W. Thompson writes:

I have had this card for about 4 years and it drives a Sony LCD
monitor. Recently, when changing 'pages/views' the screen will go
black before regaining 'focus'. Even more recentl, after a time the
screen will dispay light red cross hatch lines.

I have run a 'stress' test on the card (proprietary software).
Initiallythe card quickly failed under 'stability'. I removed the
card and found the heat exchanger was very dirty which I cleaned. The
card now completes the stability test but the problem of the screen
blacking out between views and the red cross hatching persists.

I think the card is at fault. I don't have a replacement card to test
it against and am looking for advice on whether it is a card problem
and any advice that might cure the problem.

What, do you live on an island? Go to BestBuy/Circuit City/etc., buy
a new card, and stick it in.

Sheesh!

Actually I do live on an island. If you don't know the answer to a
question why don't you keep quiet. Jerk!

Seriously, I think the card has probably just had it. Its an old one,
and they dont last forever. You can get a much more powerful
replacement for about £70. That's what I would do in your situation.