Old January 6th 07, 01:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB

Default 1152 x 864 resolutions and graphics cards

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
. ..
DaveW wrote:

You never mentioned WHAT monitor you are using. CRT, LCD, make,
model?

Samsung SyncMaster 971P LCD, it displays 1024x768, 1152x864 and
1280x1024 with analog cable, but when I plug it in using DVI the
1152x864 disappears from the available resolutions :-(

But since it can display it using analog I see no reason why it
shouldn't in DVI mode. Could it just be left of from the .INF file
(there are separate .INF files for the monitor in analog and DVI)

According to Samsung, that monitor's native resolution is 1280x1024, why
would you want to run it at any other setting? I don't use an LCD (my
wife has a 1440x900 LCD), but isn't the native resolution supposed to be
the best display? I know hers doesnt really look very good at any other
setting.