Old July 31st 06, 02:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim

Default AGP card advice please

EDM wrote:
"John Lord" wrote in message ...

I have a AGP setup but the current card a GeForce 6600GT (have been very
happy with it), but it's struggling to run new games at a decent frame rate
at 1280 x 1024, the native setting of my monitor. Will be upgrading the
full pc in a years time, and this one will being going in to my daughters
room.

snip

I came in late on this one but I would have to say that you should
seriously consider saving your money by not buying an AGP card, PCI
Express is coming and it sounds like Oblivion is the kind of game that
will force a change to the new standard. Also consider that bigger &
wider LCD displays are getting cheaper daily, so any money spent on AGP
hardware might buy hardware that has a short lifetime...